Dunn Audiology offers very thorough hearing evaluations. A battery of tests is conducted to help assess hearing. Here’s what to expect during a hearing test at Dunn Audiology:
- Case History – a thorough discussion about your hearing concerns and health history
- Otoscopy – look in the ear canal
- Tympanometry – a test to determine middle ear function. In other words, this test helps determine if there is any fluid in your middle ear, blockage, or perforated ear drum.
- Pure Tone Audiometery – a test determine if there is a hearing loss, and the type and severity of hearing loss
- Speech Audiometry – a test in which the patient repeats words back to further assess hearing
- Full discussion about test results – an in-depth explanation all the test results and answer any questions you may have. Often, there is a lot of information to absorb, but you will not leave the clinic until you feel completely comfortable.